Both live and dead rodents can spread infectious diseases and parasites. While rodenticides are an efficient means of rodent control, there are a number of alternative methods of control rather than poisonous chemicals.
Every method chosen needs to be backed up with prevention measures to deny rats and mice food and access to shelter, making sure they cannot return.
In choosing a rodent control method this should be considered:
- the scale of the infestation;
- the competence of the person carrying out the job;
- the risks to other people, pets and wildlife.
- Poison-free rodent control
- Money savings
- Chemical savings
- BC Government: Managing Rodent Pests
- Health Link BC – Getting rid of rodents
- Humane Solutions CatchData Reports
More ways to optimize your building operations